Thursday, June 11, 2009

Home Movies

I haven't forgotten about the blog (or the Love Dare for that matter), I just have been really busy.

I have fixed the computer in the basement, allowing my kids access to the internet and their I-pod libraries. I finished the garden in the front, and the grass seed in the back. And I have finally started to work on creating digital copies of our home movies.

The Macbook does this really well, though it isn't the fastest process at times. I need to play each video on the camera itself with a Firewire cable hooked up to get it onto the laptop. Then I need to cut, edit, format, and save the video clips into appropriate sized video files.

But after all that is done, I simply upload them to Facebook for anyone (that has access anyway) to enjoy. I'm almost done with the last 2 years of videos, more to come as time allows!

As for the Love Dare, someone needs to volunteer to watch my kids for a night. How am I supposed to cook a romantic dinner with those 3 around? (No suggestions that involve duct tape please)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro, I'm really impressed at the continued effort, improvement, and lucidity of these postings that you do. I might even have to start one myself next time I'm in town. When I get the chance to read these,3&4 at a time, I love the feeling that I'm connected to you lilke when we were kids and spent so much time together that we just intuitively knew what the other was thinking. It's amazing to see how much alike our thinking still is after such diametrically opposite first 15 years of adult-hood. I also find it illuminating to see the areas where our thinking has changed and become different. It helps me to see me in a different light, my experiences and thoughts from a different perspective somewhere outside of myself. Keep it up, bro. I love you . Give my love to Courteney and the kids, even the one that's getting to old to care for a while. See you soon!!!
Much Love,
The One-armed Bandit