Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Islands of Ease

Zen Habits is turing out to be a wonderful resource for me. Today Mary Jaksch of the Goodlife Zen blog contributed a post about finding islands of ease (I prefer the idea of peace) in your everyday routine.

I found the first point particulary potent, the idea of spending time with ourselves in silence. I had not relaized until recently that I had been hiding from silence, in essence from communication with myself. Even though I would stay up late at night to do things on my own, I was always accompanied by the TV or the computer. The few moments of silence I had were from the time I turned off the TV until I had fallen alseep in my bed.

Only recently with my quiet moments of breathing to relax myself and some of the longer audio guides I have been useing (though not enough) for relaxation techniques I have started to allow myself to be truly alone again. While I need to make it part of my daily routine, I'll wait until I have several other new things down pat.

No comments: